Christian tradition

Aug 16, 1996 05:28 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <9608162323.AA02105@toto.csustan.edu>, Jerry Hejka-Ekins
<jhe@toto.csustan.edu> writes
>For our discussion, I think it would be more productive to
>explore the Hebrew, Gnostic and pre-Christian traditions in light
>of Christianity.  I have no doubt that the Jesus of the Toldoth,
>though historical, cannot be proven to be the bases of the
>Biblical Jesus either.  But my interest is in the exploration of
>the material--not to prove or disprove anything.

I'd like to see this the ther way around - explore the Christian
traditions in the light of the Hebrew, Gnostic and pre-Christian
traditions from which we might suspect they developed.

Alan
---------
Homepage: http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
http://WWW1.Minn.Net/~vlg/TI.html (Figure "one" after WWW)