Re: Answering Greg and Martin

Aug 07, 1996 09:33 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199608071129.NAA13442@magigimmix.xs4all.nl>, wichm@xs4all.nl
writes
>If Theosophists wish to adhere to the original enquiring spirit of before
>they should be prepared to question and even throw overboard concepts that
>have become dogma's like Karma and reincarnation. They should also direct
>far more their attention to Spiritism, because in my opinion, it is far more
>tied up with Theosophy and its communicators "The Masters" than they are
>prepared to accept. They should not embrace it, though, but seek for clues
>for instance in comparing teachings of the Mahatma's with similar
>communications from other sources of channeling and ask themselves what is
>the true nature of this phenomenon and how to access it (see my page The
>presence phenomenon: http://www.xs4all.nl/~wichm/presence.html)

I agree wholeheartedly, and am especially pleased to see your emphasis
on the part that Spiritism, or Spiritualism had to play in the formative
period of the T.S..  I shall also visit your homepage ... you seem like
a potential recruit for TI .... [retires hastily behind barricade]

Alan
---------
Homepage: http://www.nellie2.demon.co.uk/
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
http://WWW1.Minn.Net/~vlg/TI.html (Figure "one" after WWW)