Re: Historic Jesus

Aug 06, 1996 04:29 PM
by Jerry Hejka-Ekins

JHE:

Ann Bermingham writes:
>Due to my fiction research, one answer came immediately to mind
>- a spaceship moving under its own power.
>
>There are ufologists who have written whole books explaining
>various biblical phenomenom on extrarrestrial activity.  While
>the hard evidence for this is slim to none, it does make for an
>interesting sidebar in these types of discussions.
>
>-Ann E. Bermingham

JHE
This is the best explanation I have ever heard!  Now let's
see...the UFO would have moved to a stationary orbit on the
eastern horizon while the Magi took a hike towards Jerusalem to
investigate it.   After they reached Jerusalem and consulted
Herod, the UFO moved to a low stationary orbit directly over
Bethlehem.  It all works!  Now all we have to do is figure out
what the aliens had in mind.  Maybe it was a honeymoon and the
extra-terrestrial couple were enjoying the Jerusalem city lights,
then later found Bethlehem to be a quiet romantic spot.

Well, the scenario is not exactly supportable by hard evidence as
you say, but at least it can be made to fit the account better
than any astronomical phenomena.

JHE

   |Jerry Hejka-Ekins,                      |
      |Member TI, TSA, TSP, ULT                |
         |Please reply to: jhe@toto.csustan.edu   |
            |and CC to jhejkaekins@igc.apc.org       |