Re: TS yoga

Jul 25, 1996 04:16 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <Pine.OSF.3.90.960724190440.14181C-
100000@library.berkeley.edu>, Maxim Osinovsky <mosinovs@library.berkeley
.edu> writes
>Just sharing information...
>
>If we agree that practical theosophy is about
>making contact with the
>Higher Self (and with the Masters via the Self), then search for a yoga
>labeled a'TS yoga' may be misguided--any yoga offering means of
>contacting the Self will work.
>
>However, it is meaningful to ask whether theosophy offers new and novel
>means of making the contact. (For the purposes of this discussion, I will
>mean by 'theosophy' any teaching belonging to the same tradition as HPB,

Ernest Wood, a former member of the T.S., wrote a book called, simply,
Yoga, which was published in England by Pelican Books (a branch of
Penguuin Books).  It is kind of a standard work for English-speaking
people, and I have made use of it myself on more than one occasion.

I recommend this book to anyone.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
http://WWW1.Minn.Net/~vlg/TI.html
(Note figure "one" after WWW)