Re: Historical Jesus

Jul 19, 1996 05:15 PM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <9607190005.AA19653@toto.csustan.edu>, Jerry Hejka-Ekins
<jhe@toto.csustan.edu> writes

>Abrantes writes:
>>Discussing about the probability to place the birth of Christ
>>near a century sooner, as referred in Sepher Toldoth as cited by
>>HPB, I said:
>>
>>>HPB only refers to Sepher Toldoth.

So far as I recall, G.R.S. Mead gives a full translation of Sepher
Toldoth in his book, "Did Jesus Live 100 B.C.?"  I am told there are
later and better translations, but as Mead was secretary to HPB, it may
be that it was his scholarship that she was making use of.

Alan
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
http://WWW1.Minn.Net/~vlg/TI.html
(Note figure "one" after WWW)