Meditation Techniques

Jul 06, 1996 10:37 PM
by Shaman

Hi Ozren...

> I would rely like to start to meditate but I dont know
> how.

I can tell you how I do it...and see if it resonates for you. I use
a lot of visualization. The first thing I do is go to my own
'secret garden' which is a place within me that is very private
and very beautiful. You create that by making a mental picture
of your perfect place. That will be different for everyone. For me,
it is a place with waterfalls and meadows -- wildflowers. It's
almost entirely geographic that way but I am a very nature-based person.
I wander around in that place and try to focus on the inner peace
within myself. When I do that, I am more able to make contact with
my guides and receive messages.

Sometimes things come in that you might not want to deal with....like
the thing I wrote about earlier today about getting Baltimore's
energy. The thing is that it's equally important to not shove that
out because it's coming for a reason.

That's where the challenge of meditation comes in. Why am I getting
this and what does it mean?

> Im not the member of any theosophical organization or any
> organization for that mater so I wonder is it even possible to learn to
> meditate on my own.

Yes. It is. In fact, it is an entirely solitary thing. At least in
my experience.

> What are your experiences, are there any specific
> books you would recommend

Creative Visualization by Shakti Gawain is a good one to start with.

>, any specific material on the NET

I believe there is a newsgroup devoted to it. Grep for "meditation"
in your .newsrc and it should show up.

> any specific meditation technique recommended for students of theosophy?

Unknown. I was taught by an indivual and have never been a part of
any organization.

bcs
-- --
Baltimore Chessman-Sweeney                     "No significant quote"

e-mail: shaman@primenet.com
        balto1@rtd.com