Re: science + religion = theosophy

Jun 28, 1996 05:22 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Alexis: > Yes, I've heard of the
>"faculty of Buddhi".....the thing that is beginning to worry me is that I am
>beginning to be afraid that you think you've got it! One thing I am sure of
>and that is that the people who created "Core Theosophy" don't really show
>too much evidence of it. If, that is, it exists in other than fertile
>imaginations.

	As far as I know, one of the primary characteristics
of the "faculty of Buddhi" is acceptance.  This implies tolerance
and open-ness to new ideas.  "Core Theosophy" is a mental
construct, made of manas, perhaps with some buddhi-manas
insight, but manas nonetheless.  It serves well as a step
along the Path, but all theosophists should recognize that it
is but a step, and needs to be transcended some day. This
is exactly the function of Jnana Yoga.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI