process = theosophy

Jun 27, 1996 07:39 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <199606271259.OAA26635@mail.euronet.nl>, Martin_Euser
<euser@euronet.nl> writes
>Accepting the working hypothesis that there is One Life that is the basis
>for all, and that all is part and parcel of the Universal Soul implies,
>when we accept the validity of applying analogy, that this Soul manifests
>periodically, just as everything in (visible) nature manifests periodically.
>Accepting this working hypothesis implies more, but I'll leave it with
>this example.

This is observable phenomena, and the periodic manifestation is part of
a process, is it not?  When the T.S. was founded, there was not a single
automobile in the world.  Yes, there is periodicity, but it *is itself*
subject to process and change.  It is possible that the underlying
"laws" which we might care to call "ancient wisdom" or even
"demonstrable fact* may be immutable, but if so, their effects and
consequences within time are *not.*

Another working hyposthesis for you:

Devachan changes (process) according to the nature and quality of its
inhabitants.

Alan :-)
---------
THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL: