Re: science + religion = theosophy

Jun 26, 1996 10:31 AM
by Drpsionic

Chris,
The idea that religion and science could be added together was a purely
Victorian concept and was based on the idea that truth was a finite quality
and once the TRUTH could be proven in a laboratory, so to speak, all humanity
would fall into line.
We see the world much differently now.  Science deals in uncertainty as much
as law and the idea of religion has been replaced by a much broader concept
of spirituality in which there are as many ways as there are people and all
are equally valid.
The simple equation of theosophy=science+religion has long since been
discredited except in the minds of the orthodox.
However, if we replace science with knowledge, we can rewrite the equation as
theosopy-knowledge=religion.

Chuck the Heretic