Re: Tourist or Pilgrim

Jun 25, 1996 00:20 AM
by Bee Brown

m.k. ramadoss wrote:

> On Mon, 24 Jun 1996, JRC wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 24 Jun 1996, Bee Brown wrote:
> >
> > > Yesterday I watched a video by Joy Mills,
> >       <snip>
> > > In it she brought up the concept that the world can be divided into two
> > > sorts, the Tourists and the Pilgrims.
> >       <snip>
>
>         What an interesting concept? No different from that held by some
> fundamental sects which splits humanity into two groups - sinners and
> those saved by a belief etc.

I am sorry you see it that way, it wasn't how it was intended to be taken.
There was no mention about sinners or the saved that is your interpretation
of it. The tourist idea is only a way of talking about people who have not
made up their minds where they want to hang out or if they indeed want to
hang out anywhere as in relation to the people who have made a choice of some
sort in the direction of the spiritual whatever that spiritual idea may be.
It is a light hearted look at the situation.
I am sorry I even mentioned it and I will not make the same mistake again as
I forgot this list goes spare as soon as any name from the establishment is
mentioned. It is still real heavy round here.
See you round sometime.
Bee