Re: Ruminations

Jun 18, 1996 11:52 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 02:48 PM 6/18/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>Punishing the new born for someone elses
>>fault is the hight of unfairness
>
>	Alexis, I agree.  It is a well-known fact
>in animal training that unless the animal knows
>what the punishment is for (i.e., it must be immediate
>and consistent) it can't learn.  Humans work much
>the same way.  When punishment is immediate
>and consistent it works well as a learning tool.
>When punishment is neither immediate nor
>consistent, pathology develops as in the case
>of the borderline personality disorder.  So, if
>karma really works as the core teachings say it
>does, then we are all pathological disfunctional
>victims of abuse.  Fortunately for us, karma does
>not work that way.
>
>	Jerry S.
>	Member, TI
>

>Jerry:

One thing I have learned very clearly from living with 95 pounds of healthy
male wolf. Punishment is utterly useless. If one were to treat a young wolf
as the "core teachings" say Karma treats all of us, one would get one's head
torn off. The only way to teach wolves is through communication, persuasion,
and cooperation. And that is the only way to teach humans as well. If
"Karma" (as taught) is "fair" Hitler was a Germanophobe! (You know, come to
think of it, one could make a case for that notion.)

alexis dolgorukii