RE: OOBEs are NOTHING BUT hallucinations: Especially directed to Don G. Alexis

Jun 05, 1996 08:37 PM
by Jerry Schueler

Dr. M:
>As someone who has experienced this phenomenon of OOBE=soul travel=astral
>projection=lucid dreaming for some 25 years (they are all the same)

Right off the bat, in the very first sentence, the author is mistaken.  I have
experienced both lucid dreaming and astral travel, and they are definitely
not the same thing.  When I find this kind of mis-information at the beginning
of an article, I tend not to finish the article as not worthy my time.  I would
say that Dr. M.'s 25 years have been wasted.  They are only "the same"
in the sense that they may be astral experiences, or experiences on the astral
plane.  But the mechanics are different, and the subjective responses
can be very different, and the locations can be very different  (i.e., an OOBE
can
be in any sphere of effect or sphere of cause, while lucid dreaming is almost
always within our own sphere of  effect).  An OOBE can be a mystical
experience, while a lucid dream cannot be.

> Neither I nor
>anyone else has ever produced evidence for knowledge at a distance during
>a lucid dream or out of the body experience.  Period.
	This second sentence is also misleading, and a scientific
disgrace because how can Dr. M. ever hope to account for "anyone else."
The fact that he was unable to do so, only reveals his own inadequacies.
Let me give but one example:  My grandfather was once dozing in his
living room chair.  All of a sudden, he "dreamed" that he saw his only
living brother waving goodbye to him.  He instantly woke, and knew
that his brother (not a twin) had just died.  This was confirmed shortly
thereafter by a phone call.  So, it can, and does, happen to many many
people.  My grandfather was a Catholic, and a pharmacist, and was
not a psychic by any means.

This is as far as I have been able to read, so I will stop here.

	Jerry S.
	Member, TI