Re: Basic scholarship

Apr 29, 1996 05:56 AM
by Dr. A.M.Bain

In message <960428220148_76400.1474_HHL35-2@CompuServe.COM>, Jerry
Schueler <76400.1474@compuserve.com> writes
>Alan, for example,
>doesn't believe in reincarnation.  This is based on his direct experience
>and study.  We all have the right to pick and choose the "gold nuggets,"
>as Eldon likes to say, that currently appeal to us.

O please do pay attention! :-)  My view on reincarnation is that the
CWL/AB model as presented (say) in "The Lives of Alcyone" is a logical
absurdity.  Neither do I believe in reincarnation as an inevitable and
universal *requirement* for human development.  At the same time I
accept the possibility that humans *do* reincarnate from time to time
for particular purposes, or even by accident!

>HPB did not give us
>the whole story.

Quite!

Alan