TSA Elections - 2 Year Voting Requirement

Apr 29, 1996 05:25 PM
by ramadoss

Hi Everybody:

The following letter was Faxed by me to John Algeo on the morning of 27th
April 1996.
I have not yet heard from him as of this writing. I am posting it here as I
think all of you need to know about this matter.

MK Ramadoss
Member, Theosophical Society in America
San Antonio Lodge

PS: I am copying this to theos-l since there may be TSA members who are on
theos-l but not on theos-buds.

   April 27, 1996

   John Algeo
   National President
   The Theosophical Society in America
   P.O. Box 270
   Wheaton, IL 60189

                    National Elections Ballots

   Dear Bro. Algeo

   	The members of TSA have received the ballots for the
   upcoming election of National Officers. It has come to my
   attention that members who have not been TSA members for two
   years as of January 1996 have not received their ballots.
   These include the members who voted in the last ballot to
   change the bylaws of TSA.

   	By excluding those who have not been members for two
   years but who voted in the bylaws change, in effect the two
   year voting rule is being applied retroactively. It is
   common knowledge that this kind of retroactive application
   is considered serious disenfranchisement of the voting
   rights of the members. I hope this above non mailing of the
   ballots to the above class of members is an oversight.

   	I would appreciate your clarifying the situation. If
   in fact it is an oversight, these members should be sent
   their ballots with greatest urgency so that they can
   exercise their voting rights in the national election.

   With fraternal greetings,
                                           Yours fraternally,

                                           M. K. Ramadoss