To: Murray Re: rigidity/flexibility

Apr 27, 1996 06:04 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

Dear Murray,
Thank you for sharing this image of your advancing along the Path.

Mine has more to do with getting older, slowing down, & depending more on
other people's strengths & abillities. It's not easy when you're used to
fending for yourself for all your previous life. Like, I don't have a car
anymore, because it's too expensive to maintain. I rent one for 1 week-end a
month to do my errands. Today, I wanted to hit a sale at Dunk & Bright,
because I need a new mattress. Makes no sense to hire a car for $40.- a day,
to save $100.- on a mattress. Well, I asked a young friend to drive me. She
didn't mind at all, but I'm used to doing everything for myself & I minded
imposing on her. It's a general problem with older people, I understand. No
one enjoys gettting to be so old that they have to depend on other people
for their upkeep. But I'm facing it in my own situation. Thanks goodness the
place where I live has lots of friendly staff.

So while your change is that you're growing spiritually, mine is that I'm
declining physically.

I hope Jerry S. sends you a response.

Liesel