Re: "My friend"

Apr 27, 1996 01:24 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:54 PM 4/26/96 -0400, you wrote:

>A small niggle, Rich, but I invariably feel uneasy when I see someone
>addressed as "my friend" as in your post quoted above.  It comes across
>as strangely "un"friendly - does anyone else feel this, or am I over-
>sensitive?
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>http://www.garlic.com/~rdon/TI.html
>
>No Alan, you're not being over-sensitive. Alexander IV always said "my
friend" in just that tone when he was about to feed someone a particularly
virulent poison> I find it interesting that Rich apparently feels that an Ad
pet can be wrong, but Mme. B. Whom he seems to think was "only" a Chela
couldn't be.

He posted what I found to be an unacceptable message to me this morning, and
then another even more vicious to Paul Johnson, and then made some
contemptuous remarks about poor Old Colonel Olcott so I added him to my
"filter program". I don't need him in my world. The other day I said I found
his ideas and his presentation of them repugnant. Actually I find the entire
U.L.T. repugnant and have since my first contact with them some 23 years
ago. I just don't cotton to fanaticism and misplaced arrogance.

alexis, MTI., FTSA.
the eclectic theosophist
satyat - nasti- paro- dharma
Shaman, Healer, Psychic, Priest