Re: HPB in Tibet

Apr 26, 1996 12:20 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 11:21 AM 4/26/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Doss,
>I've never the story before but it would be interesting if true.  Maybe we
>could learn how someone of HPB's girth could get around those mountains and
>live to tell the tale.
>
>Chuck MTI, FTSA
>
>Chuck:

She wasn't ALWAYS fat! As a younger woman she was very well built in a
masculine way. It was the Bright's Disease that put all that weight on her.
Much of it wasn't adipose tissue but "bloat". If Dialysis had been available
it wouldn't have happened. She liked it less than anyone!
It caused her to change from a vital and active person to one who could
hardly move. It was utterly frustrating, and she knew that to others it made
her an object of some ridicule. How do you think she felt about that?

alexis, MTI, FTSA