Re: attitude

Apr 26, 1996 00:28 AM
by Richtay

Alexis writes,

> I am perfectly willing to discuss the
> Anthropogenesis with someone I consider a reasonable and equal opponent.

Er ... right.

But someone who is so BENEATH you should be easy prey, Alexis.  Chop chop.

> I'm perfectly willing to discuss
> anything on a reasonably intellectual level, but, as far as my experience
> with you goes, you are a fanatic, and you approach theosophy from a
> religious point of view.
One of the things they apparently didn't teach you
> at Harvard was how to hold a discussion like a gentleman.

Nor did I learn to smoke a pipe or invest in stocks....

You are as they
> say popularly, "a smart-ass kid". When you develop the ability to discuss,
> and even to argue like a gentleman, then I'll be happy to discuss this with
> you.  I am very much your elder, and frankly, I am very uncomfortable with
> impertinent puppies.

Strangely enough, Alexis, everyone else on the list seems perfectly capable
of holding a conversation with me.  At a "reasonably intellectual" level, no
less.  Doesn't mean we all agree all the time.

Even the Masters feel able to stoop to the level of poor infant humanity.
 But then, they have "super-human" patience, don't they?
<chuckle>

Strange also that you indulge yourself with swipes at everyone and
everything, unapologetically -- but I am too "rude" to deal with.  Isn't
there a word for this kind of thing?

Fortunately, I can not be "shamed" into silence, and I think this latest post
of yours -- composed of nothing but insults toward a person you've never met
-- reveals your true colors.