Re: Young uns

Apr 25, 1996 11:58 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 07:23 PM 4/25/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Alex,
>For all their sometimes juvenile silliness, the local OTO has a group of very
>nice young people who are all great fans of my books, so they must have some
>brains somewhere.
>
>Chuck the Barbarian MTI, FTSA
>Heretic
>Troublemaker
>
>Chuck:

To be totally serious on the subject. Sure the OTO is silly, how not with
Crowley as it's founder? But, where can young uns go? The T.S. and be
pontificated to death? What is a really adventurous young person (obviously
NOT "Rich Tay) to do, ride "the Good Dhip Theosphy" from ennui to tedium and
back again? There's no where exciting and vital for young people to expend
their energies. That's why so many of them attend Wiccan and Pagan and
Shamanic events. That's why over 400 of them came to the ritual John and I
did at Mt. Shasta. That theosophy does not provide any venue for young
people is almost criminal. The young instinctively recoil from religion and
Theosophy has become one. People like RichTay and Eldon almost guarantee
that no significant number of young people will be attracted to theosophy.
But to be truthful, young folks weren't attracted in Blavatsky's days
either. The young are the future, without them there is no future. I'm an
apostle to the Gay. Lesbian, and Transgender community. They don't want to
hear about Theosophy but they sure flock to Shamanism and Ritual Magic.

alexis the apostle, MTI, FTSA
the eclectic theosophist
satyat - nasti - paro - dharma
Shaman, Healer, Psychic, Tulku