Re: anthropology-biology

Apr 25, 1996 09:45 PM
by Richtay

Jerry S. writes,

> Rich, you are touching here on one area which, as Alexis has pointed
> out,  is no longer socially acceptable or scientifically sound.

As you and so many others have amply demonstrated on this board, what is
socially acceptable is quite irrelvant.  So I will ignore that complaint.  As
for science, they cannot yet explain genetically, linguistically, or
physiologically the emergence of the current races.  They are in no position
to object to HPB's theory that races have strengths and weaknesses,
tendencies in one direction or another.

The whole
> teaching of Root Races has led to a lot of errors and misunderstandings.

This is no object as to whether the teaching is true or not true.  karma has
been much misunderstood and abused also.  I was in India hearing native
Hindus say "It's their karma, too bad for them.  It's not my job to help."
 This is to radically misunderstand the teaching, and demonstrates nothing
about te teaching itself understood on its own terms.  As a Magician you are
no doubt familiar with this truism.

> Let me quote here:
>
> "The Negroes form one of the very few exceptions amonst us today
> of baby races, imperfect in mental and physical development (but not
> in spiritual development) "  G de Purucker, STUDIES IN OCCULT
> PHILOSOPHY, p 44. (TUP, 1945)

G de P is neither here nor there to me.  This is an example of
MISUNDERSTANDING.  So?  I am interesting in the Masters' teachings, and
HPB's, and the possible uses thereof in my own spiritual development.  Find
me some good HPB quotes, if you will, and then put them in context of
Universal Brotherhood.

Suppose there were some "younger" races, or even people within ANY given race
who were "younger" and not so long in human form (which can harldy be avoided
unless everyone achieved the human state all at once, rather than gradually).
 What would be our duty to such humans?

Under brotherhood, it seems to me that whatever a person's or race's
development may be, the best policy is that of aid and kindness and
benevolence, not control and domination and even Hitleresque extermination.

We see the propensity to abuse, misunderstand and subvert the teachings.  Is
it any wonder the great Teachers are so reticent?

> And
> all we have to do is look at today's world of sports to see
> how silly is the idea of Blacks having an infantile physical
> development.  But this is exactly what G de P believed and
> taught back in 1945.

Yes, so many Blacks seem to have an amazing ability in sports.  Look at the
recent track record of Kenyans and marathons.  Who can say that some Blacks
don't have a distinct advantage in physical achievement?  And yet we find
Blacks like Booker T. Washington and Frederick Douglass with AMAZING minds
also.

We denies that American Blacks gave the world jazz?  Or the classic Black
"spiritual" form of gospel music?

Just today I saw a report asking:

----Of the following four national groups, which is most likely to physically
touch each other the most during an hour-long chat in a coffee shop?

(a) Americans
(b) English
(c) French
(d) Puerto Ricans?

{answer: Puerto Ricans, with over 100 touches per hour.  French, 86, English,
0, Americans, 2.}

We are lightweights if we are afraid to assert and enjoy the diversity of
talents and gifts of the world's peoples.

The danger is in reifying these differences and in using words like
"superior" or "inferior," we are all brothers and sisters at whatever stage
of the great pilgrimmage.