Re: HPB's anthropology: Thoughts on what Paul and Alexis have written

Apr 24, 1996 01:13 PM
by Blavatsky Foundation

Paul,

You write:

> To make the
>obvious point (obvious to anyone without a vested interest in
>the matter) that HPB's anthropology is hopelessly incompatible,
>not just with prevalent scientific *theories* but with amply
>demonstrated *facts*-- I have to run the risk of sectarian
>anger and hostility, as well as condemnation as an ignorant
>amateur.  And for what possible benefit, to me or anyone else?

Paul, would you pleeeeeeeease state some of the things in HPB's anthropology
which you
believe are "hopelessly incompatible, not just with prevalent scientific
theories but with
amply demonstrated facts"?

Are you really that afraid of being the target of "sectarian anger and
hostility"?  Just put on your David Lane armor!!

I would hope that anyone on Theos-l that would respond to your comments on
HPB's anthopology, would respond
with facts, reasoning ,etc. * Discussion of controversail subjects on
Theos-l should be
an OPPORTUNITY to share and exchange ideas; an OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN 	from
others.....to listen, really listen, instead of automatically responding
even before the other
person has finished typing!*

 I think Alexis has put forth on theos-l alot of INTERESTING ideas.  For
example,

(1)  HPB was a lesbian;
(2)  Morya was.......,   Koot Hoomi was........
(3)  Annie Besant was a conscious fraud.
(4)  Much of what HPB wrote on rounds and races is absolute nonsense.

Now, I assume that Alexis truly  beleives these things.  And as far as I am
concerned,
he has a perfect right to believe all of this.  But what I find
disappointing is that
Alexis, as far as I know, has not provided us with enough facts, details,
data, and his
reasoning, etc., for holding these beliefs.  No, I am not saying that Alexis
HAS TO GIVE US
ANY FURTHER INFORMATION.  No, he doesn't have to.  But if Theos-l is suppose
to be
a forum for discussion, dialogue which can lead to everyone learning more,
enlarging our
understanding of things, etc., then the participants need to learn how to
share their
knowledge and insights with other people on the list........It's called
Communication.

[NOTE:  Alexis, I am not picking on you.]

And, Paul, I also have certain doubts about what HPB has written on lost
civilizations
and races.  I just don't understand alot of it.  Maybe if you will write one
or two pages
on HPB's anthropology (and risk the bricks and stones), maybe somone else on
Theos-l
can calmly show with facts and details where you are wrong.  Maybe not.

Daniel