Re: Bodies--a dead horse

Apr 24, 1996 12:24 PM
by Blavatsky Foundation

Jerry S and Jerry HE--

I have been closely reading your series of comments and replies to each
other.  Yes,
I agree that as of now, this subject is a "dead horse".  But going through
the posts I
found that one of you would say, HPB says this or CWL taught that but
neither one of
you quoted the source.  Therefore, it is hard for the other participant as
well as the rest
of us to know exactly what specific source you were referring to.  It may
have been more informative if both of you would have quoted  extracts from
HPB or CWL to ILLUSTRATE  your points.  Then the other  participant and the
rest of Theos-l would have seen what you, in fact, were talking about.  I
realize that such a process might have been laborious.....

Jerry HE said in one of his posts that he believed Jerry S. misunderstood
the planes/principles  as given by HPB.  I believe Eldon in previous posts
had said something
to that effect.  Unfortunately, this has never been gone over in enough
detail to resolve
the problem. * Details are might important not only in historical studies
but even in
discussing philosophical/metaphysical subjects.*  Yet most people want to
talk only  in
vague, generalized terms........even when it comes to Theosophy.

Would the two of you be willing to start over again??!!  Probably not  :(

Daniel Caldwell