Re: HPB's anthropology blafoun@azstarnet.com

Apr 24, 1996 08:06 AM
by Blavatsky Foundation

Paul Johnson writes:

So what I will do instead is ask Mike Mueckler, a research
>biologist, to comment on the evolutionary scenario laid out in
>the Secret Doctrine and its compatibility with scientific
>knowledge as opposed to theory.  I hope he is willing to offer
>a moderately detailed commentary.

Daniel comments:

Mike Mueckler, from what he has written on alt.religion.eckankar, and from
what little
I posted here on theos-l, is what I would call a materialist.  He believes
humans are just
material bodies.  There is nothing to leave or survive the death of the
body.  Consciousness
is just part of the workings of the brain and nervous system.  There is no
soul, spirit or
consciousness to leave the body during life or even at death.   Furthermore,
there are no
"higher" or "lower" planes of existence, however you might want to phrase
it.  Muecker
does NOT believe in the existence of any psychic or paranormal phenomena,
even of
telepathy.

It would be interesting to see what he would write about the SD, etc. BUT  I
would rather
, for example, see Mueckler and David Lane for example have an intelligent
discussion and debate on their differing points of view when it comes to
what consciousness is, are there psychic phenomena, is there life after
death, are there "worlds" or dimensions or planes beyond the physical, etc.

Paul, it would be interesting to see you engage in a dialogue or discussion
with Mueckler
on these subjects of the paranormal, etc.  HINT, HINT!

Daniel Caldwell