Re: Golden Dawn

Apr 22, 1996 10:04 PM
by rwheaton

M K Ramadoss wrote:

> On Mon, 22 Apr 1996 rwheaton@bart.ccis.com wrote:
>
> > Date: Mon, 22 Apr 1996 23:49:37 -0400
> > From: rwheaton@bart.ccis.com
> > To: Multiple recipients of list <theos-l@vnet.net>
> > Subject: Re: Golden Dawn
> >
> > Drpsionic@aol.com wrote:
> > >
> > > RW,
> > > Great thunderbolts of Jupiter!  I thought I was foul tempered.
> > > Calm down.  If this keeps up my screen will melt.
> > >
> > > Chuck the Barbarian MTI, FTSA
> > > Heretic
> > > Troublemaker
> >
> > I apologize to the group for allowing my rauch to get out of hand.  It is
> > my belief that the esoteric or practical teaching of the ancient
> > mysteries are valuable.  The theoretical teachings are important, but
> > they're not the entire picture.
> > In light of this can someone please tell how to find out more
> > concerning the esoteric section of the Theosophical Society?
> >
> > Yours Truly,
> > RW
>
> You can contact the Theosophical Society in America at theos@netcom.
> Probably you can also call them toll free at 1-800-669-1571 and speak to
> some one in the membership who may provide some information.
>
> BTW, you may not be able to get much information other than some of the
> basic requirements such as at least two years of membership of the
> Theosophical Society, vegetarian life style, non use of alchohol or other
> mind altering drugs etc.
>
> Recently I posted a msg quoting a letter that was sent to A P Sinnett
> which is generally considered as the Charter for the Theosophical
> Society. In the letter, it is made very clear that the prime purpose of
> the Theosophical Society is to further the idea of Universal Brotherhood
> of Humanity and *not* the establishment of a philosophical
> (psychological) school for the benefit of a few. I believe you may be
> familiar with the above.
>
> In the above context, I am just curious about (1) how you came upon
> theos-l, (2) how you came across Theosophy/Theosophical Society and (3)
> what you would wish to achieve in the Esoteric School.
>
> If you prefer, you do not have to answer any of the above. But it would
> be very informative to all of us.
>
> Peace
>
>         ....doss
> Thank you for your considerate response.  Answers to your questions:
(1) I searched the mailing lists.  (2)  I have read a ton of Theosophical
literature.  I saw what I felt was truth and it gave me hope.  (3) The
idea of unselfish compassion appeals to me, however, it does not come
naturally.  In other words I feel a need for some help--a whole lot in
fact.  This is why I ask for more than theory.  Theory is great, but I
want an inside change.

RW