Re: vive la difference?

Apr 22, 1996 01:33 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 08:10 AM 4/21/96 -0400, you wrote:
>In message <2.2.32.19960420053837.006dfd00@mail.slip.net>, alexis
>dolgorukii <alexei@slip.net> writes
>>>The difference is that while Theosophy is sometimes silly, sometimes
>>fatuous, and regularly just as smug as xtians, Theosophy has never been the
>>sole cause of millions of murders
>
>Give it time ..... it could be argued (and probably has been) that the
>mass-murders of the Nazis were connected to the racial ideas they had
>derived from theosophy and its evolutionary theories regarding the
>"superiority" of the Aryan race.  Certainly theosophy promulgated such
>ideas BEFORE Hitler used them.
>
>Alan
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>http://www.garlic.com/~rdon/TI.html
>
>Actually alan: The best evidence I've seen connects the Holocaust directly
to centuries of anti-Jewish teaching by the Catholic Church at first, and
then the schismatics later on. Martin Luther was surely a raging Jew Hater.
On the other hand it's probably true that Guido von Liszt got some of his
ideas from the S.D. it is equally true that his main inspiration was
Friedrich Nietzsche and I would be enormously surprised if he was inspired
by Blavatsky considering the dates involved.

alexis