Re: some are, some aren't

Apr 21, 1996 08:39 AM
by ramadoss

Let me but in with a response to some of the points raised.

1. The founders of Theosophical Society were not vegetarians. But later
leaders are. As Alan mentioned there is more vegetarians in the TS per capita.

2. Theosophy - Theo-sophia - Divine Wisdom itself is not defined and does
not even appear in the three objects of the Society. So no belief in any of
the theories is required.

3. Each member is given the widest lattitude to believe what one wants. The
requirement for membership is being in sympathy with the first object of the
society viz universal brotherhood.

4. The members of the Theosophical Society all over the world have been very
active in Vegetarian movement and other related areas such as animal rights,
vivisection etc.

As one msg mentioned, please hang around and you will find an organization
unlike any you may have run into.

        ...doss