Theosphists in Russia

Apr 20, 1996 06:05 AM
by liesel f. deutsch

Att: Daniel Entin

I believe this is the e-mail address for the Roerich Museum in New York
City, in which case it's the right address to send a message to Daniel Entin.

A group of theosophists of all factions, & from a number of countries, has
been corresponding & discussing theosophy for several years now on
theos-l@vnet.net Several months ago, some of us formed a very loosely
structured network called Theosophy International, with members in 8
countries. TI members are not in agreement with the policy Adyar has
instituted in Russia, which, we think, makes it extremely difficult for any
Russian Theosophists to become officially part of Adyar. Theosophy
International is using a branch of theos-l, theos-buds@vnet.net to
correspond & exchange ideas. We're a very relaxed group, almost like family,
& like family, we sometimes argue our various ideas, but we're still all
good friends. We can all write in English, more or less, & we would like to
have an interchange with Russian, Ukranian & etc. Theosophists. One of our
members is of Russian descent & has a son who could translate our messages
into Russian, but if we could write directly via-e-mail (or else FAX) in
English, it would be much less cumbersome, because then each one of us could
write, rather than all go through one translator.

We are contemplating several projects. The one which has already come to
fruition is to begin putting the theosophical classics on the Internet. We
would like to contact the Theosophical Society in Moscow to see whether any
Russian Theosophists would be able to join us on theos-buds, or theos-l but
all I have is a street address which is 3 years old. I've just recently
gotten Moscow TS's FAX number, & I myself am probably going to use that
shortly to contact my correspondent Sergei Belkovsky in Kaluga. But the
others would prefer e-mail, if that's possible. We would like to start an
ideas interchange with some Russian Theosophists ... that much at least to
start with. If as time goes on, there are other needs, perhaps some of our
members would be able to supply them. We'd have to see what develops.

Best wishes,

(Mrs.) Liesel F. Deutsch
Syracuse NY USA