Wheaton (College and Illinois)

Apr 19, 1996 07:32 PM
by Vegetarian Resource Center

I wonder if the vegetarianism of the TSA HQ
has ever tried to effectively promote healthful
and humane diet in the town of Wheaton,
and in the college there.

As an alum, I heard that the college
once had been selected by Saga Food Service
for a test program to implement a whole series
of vegetarian options.

My understanding now is that the school
has many vegetarian options (including entrees).
I don't know if it's true.

Also, I recall that one of the campus security
officers was, during the daytime, a staff support
person in the ROTC unit, issuing uniforms and
other equipment.  He was also the President
of the LOCAL chapter of the TS.  He was quite
fond of incense from Madras, the sort made from
cow dung.  (Americans are quite fond of another
term, but he was fond of burning the sacred
incense from India.)  I tried it, and was almost
kicked out of the dorm for this incredibly powerful
but sweet-smelling incense.  How can something
like that be refined to be so sweet?

- msc
  vrc

Maynard S. Clark        	vrc@tiac.net          info@vegetarian.org
Vegetarian Resource Center, P. O. Box 38-1068, Cambridge,  MA  02238-1068
617-625-3790 (Voice, or Fax by arrangement)   617-357-2064 or 2194 (Facsimile)

Listowner: Geographical - VEG-FL, VEG-NE (check out Regl Veg Project)
Topical: Veg-BIZ, Veg-EDU, Veg-ORG,
Special Groups:  Veg-PARENT, Veg-REL, Veg-SINGLE, Veg-TEEN
http://www.tiac.net/users/vrc/vrc.html
Visit and Use our Research Library at the Peace Abbey in Sherborn MA.

      Build a vegetarian network!      Find countless other vegetarians.
A Simple, 1-Stop Contact for Vegetarian Information Retrieval-Referral-Advice
There are countless vegetarian resources; we'll show you how to find them...