Re: Netiquette guidelines and the future of Theos-l, etc.

Apr 18, 1996 08:59 PM
by ramadoss

At 06:19 PM 4/18/96 -0400, you wrote:
>>3. Making everyone feel very comfortable no matter what their views and
>>opinions are.
>
>	I would like everyone to feel comfortable too.  But sometimes
>we see ideas being posting that we strongly feel are wrong, and it is
>our duty to present an alternative view.  Else, all the newbies and lurkers
>will get the wrong information, and have to spend several extra lifetimes
>to get back on the right track.  The problem then, is, how do we go about
>this without hurting feelings or making someone "uncomfortable?"
>
>	Jerry S.
>	Member, TI

        Hi Jerry:

        Very good points you have raised. I do not know if there is one
single answer. Let me make an attempt.

        Like Buddha said on thing we all can see, it is easy to discuss. On
things unseen there is bound to be a number of views or opinions or
experiences. So as for the things unseen no one can be sure who is right or
wrong or who has the correct or incorrect information. May be on these
unseen things each one of us can present our view point with this caveat and
leave it at that. Hopefully this approach may not hurt the feelings or make
someone "uncomfortable.

        I would like hear any responses, ESPECIALLY from NEWBEES.

        Cheers

        ...doss