Re: Giggling (response to Jerry S)

Apr 18, 1996 06:14 AM
by Coherence

>No, she would approve of the budding occultist.  But she would
>giggle at the seasoned occultist who thinks he knows it all who is still
>overly concerned about such things.  The whole idea here is to be able
>to get to the point where we act with compassion, spontaneously, and
>without thought of any reward.  Of course, when we do finally get to this,
>we will be close to Adepts.
>
>Good discussion, Greg.  Whether you agree with me or not, you do
>seem to understand what I am trying to say, which makes my efforts
>worthwhile.  Thanks.
>
>	Jerry S.

Yes, this has been a good discussion, and at the bottom of it, Patience has
untied the knot, and I do think we agree.  It seems to me, based on the above
para., that the difference was in the perspective of the issue.  You seem to
be coming from a point of possessing a certain amount of knowledge and
"arrival" whereas, I was looking at the situation more from the bottom up, so
to speak.  Based on my moral failures (opportunities rather?), I assume I
have a long way to go before that "right automatic action" occurs, and
therefore, I do continually pose the question "What is it right to do, and
are my motives the best?"  Our study group is moving through the Bhagavad
Gita just now, and we just completed Chapter 5 of the WQJ edition and his
notes.  If you are up for a recommendation, Judge's notes on Chapter 5 are
excellent and directly relate to this issue.

My best

Greg H