Re: Aromas & HPB

Apr 17, 1996 11:22 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 10:27 PM 4/17/96 -0400, you wrote:
>Speaking of whether HPB smelled or not, I wonder whether HPB had a shadow.
>Anyone know anything enlightening about that?
>
>Liesel
>
>Liesel:

Considering she had Bright's Disease, and considering that they didn't have
dialysis in those days the toxins probably did cause a less tha pleasant
odour, but that is hardly derogatory to HPB. It wasn't her fault. They
didn't have deoderants either and so people walked around in a miasma of
perfumes and colognes, can you imagine a room full of those people, in the
heavy multilayered clothing they wore winter and summer?  As to having a
shadow, of course she did, she had a body didn't she? Actually as she was
frequently photographed, we know she had a body.  Remember, according to the
really silly superstition, it's only people who have "sold their souls to
Satan" who lose their shadows and their mirror images as well. No mirror
image...no photograph. Anyway I hardly think HPB was a disciple of Satan.
It's really very hard to be a disicple of someone who doesn't exist.

alexis