Re: Denali

Apr 15, 1996 10:59 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 11:05 AM 4/15/96 -0500, you wrote:
>In message <m0u8aUC-000JeTC@slip.net>, alexis dolgorukii
><alexei@slip.net> writes
>>We went house hunting again,
>>down to a decision between two properties, both of which we really like, and
>>now it's up to our banker! Denali very much favours one of them, but it's a
>>flat acre for him to dash wildly about on! We should have it all settled in
>>a week or two.
>>
>>alexis
>
>I hope all goes according to plan (probably Denali's).
>
>Alan :-)
>---------
>THEOSOPHY INTERNATIONAL:
>Ancient Wisdom for a New Age
>TI@nellie2.demon.co.uk
>http://www.garlic.com/~rdon/TI.html
>
>Alan:

It was really funny. Denali ran around smelling the flowers gleefully (he
loves to smell flowers) and rolling on the grass then he sat down under a
lilac tree, crossed his paws, and got the most deleriously happy expression
on his face. As if he was saying, I really like this place! Actually we do
too, a totally usable flat acre with a year-round creek on one side, is very
nice when you've been in the city far too long. The creek by the way is
bordered by blackberry brambles and John bakes the absolutely best
Blackberry muffins on the planet. There is a small second house on the
property which is currently used as an art studio, and would clearly remain
one. There's also a perfectly useless but terribly picturesqu barn.The other
house is very nice too, built in 1995, and with the most wonderful Japanese
style jacuzzi tub in the Master Bath, and has lot's of space for a library
(about 50 feet of unobstructed wall space) so in either case we'll do.

Seriously though I am anxious to get out into the country, too many
interpenetrating auras in a big city. I'm a relatively advanced empath and
so the anxieties and fears and angers of those in the city (especially this
part of this city) are somewhat wearing to me. Also, the Shamanic work tends
to intrude upon the neighbors, Even totally non-sensitive folks tend to be a
bit bothered by the large numbers of spirits who attend a pair of advanced
Shamans. But it's all covered by the third object. One of the places we
viewed yesterday was in a truly incredible site. It was in a redwood grove
with trees (some of them) as large as 8 feet in diameter and had two full
acres in the forest with a waterfall and creek and rustic bridge...I
absolutely loved it. BUT, the house was a little too small for my books and
art work and it was so damp...damp and even mild arthritis are a bad
combination, so we reluctantly disissed it. Also, Redwood trees make
everything under them rather dark and even though it was a brilliantly sunny
day and the house was literally all glass (that's why no place for art or
books) it was dark. Artists need lots of light.

I guess you can tell I'm ehtusiastic.

alexis,future gardener