Re: Being & Doing

Apr 14, 1996 10:18 PM
by Drpsionic

Jerry,
The fact that Grey had this problem with being sort of Christian did not
preclude him from being one hell of a good magician, after all, most of the
magicians whose work we study considered themselves to be Christian and
Eliphas Levi even considered himself to be a good Roman Catholic!
I once wrote that to truly live one must be free of any sense of purpose
because purpose is merely another form of slavery.  It reduces life to an
often fruitless search that distracts the person from the joys of good food,
good liquor, bad women (or men for that matter) and annoying hunchbacks.

Chuck the Barbarian MTI, FTSA
Heretic
Troublemaker