Re: TI

Apr 14, 1996 11:06 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 11:26 PM 4/14/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Liesel:
>
>At 18:15 1996/04/12 -0500, you wrote:
>>Bob,
>>
>>I think TI is also a thing with which each one is able to fulfill their own
>>dharma, whatever that dharma may be, ie do your own theosophical thing, with
>>the support of others.
>
>With which I completely agree.  Why not then let the description of the TI
>and its version of the three objects simply proclaim that point and cease
>the discussions of Wagner and Nazi Germany?  Perhaps they belong in the
>Theosophy-History list, but surely not here.  I raised the point because,
>with my very limited time for e-mail, I found the number of (to me)
>irrelevant or pointless posts getting pretty high.

Bob: Irrelevant to what? Richard Wagner and the effects and causes of Nazi
Germany are as relevant to a theosophical discussion group as HPB herself.
If theosophy cannot be related to the actual occurances of life itself, what
good is it? As to your time, I believe you too can push a delete button , I do.

>In my view, discussions should be reasonably relevant and lead to a
>decision.  Then the thread should end, not proliferate into hundreds of side
>issues.

A decision: Why, is this a court of law? We have people on this list with
utterly dichotomous views of theosophy and many other things, to force
decisions on each topic would be totally oppressive to all of us. I wnat to
make my points, but I certainly have absolutely no desire to force others to
accept them and I willclearly not permit anyone to force me to any decision
at any time. As to a "thread proliferating into hudreds of side issues" why
not? This isa neutral ground where people of various persuasions come
together to discuss things in which they are mutually interested. If those
interests find fascinating by roads, why should they not be followed?

>Do you think, as I do, that this list needs a moderator to bring discussions
>to a head and perhaps call for a vote on decisions?

It certainly does NOT. You bring in a "moderator" and most of the folks on
this list will find other sandboxes! That kind of control is not what this
list is about!

alexis