Re: this list

Apr 14, 1996 04:32 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 02:53 PM 4/14/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>(Curious, though, why so few newcomers seem to be posting.  Hmmm -- wonder
>>how I would feel if I signed on to this board looking for what Theosophy
>>teaches, and found only insults and polemic?)

"Insults and polemics" are in the ear of the listener. This is not, I think,
a place where one goes to"learn" Theosophy or theosophy for that matter. It
is a place where theosophists go to compare their ideas and perceptions, and
calling people "blasphemers" is certainly as polemical as anything else.

Alexis

>>I have tried to tell you what it feels like to try to join in on this list
>when one isn't used to airing one's views in public. It is fine for all you
>who feel comfortable doing that but when a newbie has a go and gets
>flattened then why do it again? When I first began, I was either sorta
>ignored or else treated kindly but something has changed here and now I seem
>to have to 'defend' myself and that I am not prepared to do as my knowledge
>is still in the formative stage and it would be childsplay to shoot me down
>in flames as I have experienced so I have gone to play in another sandpit :-)
>Bee Brown
>Member TSNZ,Wanganui Branch.
>Theos Int & L
>
>Everyone has to start somewhere. And the total removal from human contact
the internet permits gives shy people a chance to air their views facelessly
where "no one can see them". Is this not so? If one isn't used to airing
one's views in Public, perhaps it's something one ought to get used to.
Because the Internet is far less "Public" than a room full of people. Enjoy
your new sand pit.

alexis