tO: Eldon Re: Fundamentalists

Apr 13, 1996 04:03 PM
by liesel f. deutsch

> But there may
>be quite spiritual people that still hold to those ideas, and
>may not be ready to move on to broader ways of thinking just yet.

Right you are. What you said just reminded me, when I worked in Hacksack NJ,
there was an older black woman, Naomi, working in my office. She taught in a
born again sunday school. We talked religion a lot. This woman was quite
sincere, & quite spiritual, & we found we had a lot in common to talk about
.. always provided she didn't get around to trying to get me to "Come to
Jesus". But even there, her motives were spiritual. She liked me, & wanted
me to be saved. I accepted her feelings & wishes, while telling her that I
was already "saved" in my own way. That wasn't something she could accept,
but on lots of other metaphysical issues we saw eye to eye.

Liesel
Member TI, TSA, TS in Canada, HR