Re:Survival

Apr 13, 1996 00:03 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 04:24 PM 4/12/96 -0500, you wrote:

>> As to Institutionalized Theosophy (all three of them), survive? They
>>are all three totally moribund! I'll tell you this none of them will survive
>> the century if they don't wake up.
>	This seems to be the opinion of several on theos-l.  I don't
>happen to share it.  Time will tell, I guess. (ps. actually, there are more
>than three.  I am aware of at least five.)
>
>	Jerry S.
>	Member, TI
>
>Jerry, I was talking to the TSA (Pasadena) spokesperson for the
SanFrancisco Bay Area last week. She told me that they had exactly three
members in the area. One of them Ninty Years old, one of them eighty eight
years old, and that she was spokespeerson because she was only "in her
forties". The Pasadena Group is by far the best of the lot, but what future
is there in a group with member ship like that? She told me that I would
have to go to Pasadena on a Friday evening to see the group "really in
action". I am told on good authority rthat the ULT has perhaps one thousand
members world-wide, I'm not sure which are the "other two" that make up your
five. But we are verily like the Shakers, too many superannuated mebers and
almost no young ones. That's not a good sign for the future.
I work with young people all the time in the course of myshamanic function,
they do not like authority or authority figures, and they will not put up
wioth them for even a short time. Luckily in the kind of shamanism which I
practive, demonstrate, and discuss, there are not authorities, so the young
ones are happy. But what does an authority based group, which is what the
TSA is, say to these youngsters? I'm afraid it's "stay away". The "quality
before quantity" attitude not only says that,it says "stay away we don't
want you". That doesn't look like much of a future to me.

alexis