Re:still more

Apr 11, 1996 00:06 AM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 06:22 PM 4/10/96 -0500, you wrote:

>You no doubt have a good idea of freedom from a humanistic point of view as
>you explain above but I am approaching the subject from a different point of
>view which I am trying to point out.
>
>Perhaps I should say "freedom" IMHO from a physical point of view is an
>illusion for most people today.  Until we reach enlightenment there is no
>such thing and one we have reached it we might laugh at the concept.
>
>John
>
>--
>John Vorstermans
>PO Box 11-410
>Wellington
>Mobile (025) 432-987
>

>John:

I think where we primarily differ is that I see "Freedom" as a term which
has absolutely no meaning at all in any but a Humanistic viewpoint.
"Freedom" is a thing which can be gained, preserved, lost, or "taken away"
only in regard to physical human beings in the physical levels of the
relative realities. At the instant the mind, or consciousness, or the
spirit, leaves the physical levels of the relative realities, then Freedom
is irrelevant.whether you call it "Pure Consciousness" or "spirit" it is
entirely illimitable and it does not require the final touch of
enlightenment to be so. One is as spritually "free" as one chooses to be,
there is no spiritual experience that can be denied by any physical culture
on this planet.

For instance: Stephen Hawking says that "If I had not lived primarily in the
mind rather than the body I would not have survived as I have". A Russian
Lady (a Shamanka) of my aquaintance survived some years in a Japanese
internment camp. she said: "if I had not been entirely free in spirit, I
would have died!"

"Spiritual" is free and "physical" is not, and never the twain can cross!
But people can be more or less free in the context of the Society in which
they live. I am a Shaman of much experience, there is nothing, nothing at
all, in any way, shape, or form that can curtail my spiritual freedom by one
iota. This is not something I "think", this is not something I "believe",
this is something I know with every fibre of my being!

Please forgive me but I cannot comprehend in any way how anyone could
perceive themselves as "spritually unfree".

alexis dolgorukii, MTI, FTSA