Re:serious

Apr 10, 1996 11:33 PM
by alexis dolgorukii

At 05:00 PM 4/10/96 -0500, you wrote:
>Alex,
>You and I have an obvious disagreement on this.  I"m probably just a bit old
>fashioned but I always thought an adept was one who had advanced in certain
>mystical areas.  Now as regards music, there is no question Beethoven was an
>adept and he did make a lasting impact on humanity.  But could he make a
>teacup appear underground?  And why would he (or anyone else) want to?
>There you go, taking me seriously again. :-)
>
>Chuck the Barbarian MTI, FTSA
>Heretic
>Troublemaker
>
>Chuck:

Aren't you glad somebody does? Actually though I have trouble with the term
"mystical".  I think it's mostly hokum, and my definition of adepthood
doesn't really take the "mystical" into consideration. Francis Bacon was
clearly an Adept, but he surely wasn't a "mystic". I think Adepts are really
very concerned with humanity and the world that humans have to live in. As
to the other version of Adepthood, the one advanced by CWL and Besant et al,
I'm very sorry but I think that has a much closer relationship to Disney's
"Le Sorcier Apprenti" than it does to the real thing. If KH actually wrote
the words Daniel Caldwell posted yesterday, then I am sure of it.

Alexis, MTI, FTSA