Re: K etc.

Apr 09, 1996 03:18 PM
by ramadoss

> Date: Tue, 9 Apr 1996 14:34:26 -0400
> From: MM1234567@aol.com
> Subject: are we depending on K?

To all dear members of the list:

The issue is not about K at all, but about us. About our own pettiness, our
own inability to look at ourselves. One of the great escapes we all have is
to criticize others, to find faults, this is especially true when it comes to
those who are perecived to be spiritual or religious leaders, we build our
leaders and we then tear them down. It is a game that we play with
spirituality. But in the end after all the gossip, we must still come back to
face the life we have, the person that we are, the conflicts and the misery
in the world. In the end there are no leaders, no authorities, no one to
build, no one built, and no one to tear down. There is only that face in the
mirror that we still will not look into the eyes.

                       warm regards, Mark

"Our life has brought about a culture, a society, which has become a trap in
which we are caught. The trap is built by us; for that trap each one of us is
responsible. Though we may revolt against the established order, that order
is what we have made, what we have built. And merely to revolt against it has
very little meaning, because you will create another established order,
another bureaucracy. All this, with the national, racial, religious
difeerences, the wars and the shedding of blood and tears, is what we call
living, and we don't know what to do. We are confronted with this. Not
knowing what to do, we try to escape, or we try to find somebody who will
tell us what to do, some authority, guru, teacher, someone who will say,
"Look this is the way."                                   "The teachers, the
gurus, the philosophers, have all led us astray, because actually we have not
solved our problems, our lives are not different. We are the same miserable,
unhappy, sorrow-laden people. So the first thing is never to follow another,
including the speaker. Never try to find out from another how to behave, how
to live. Because what another tells you is not your life. If you rely or
depend on another you will be misled. But if you deny the authority of the
guru, the philosopher, the theoretician -whether political or theological-
then you can look at yourself, then you can find the answer. But as long as
one relies and depends on another, however wise he may be, one is lost. The
man who says he knows, does not know. So the first thing is never to follow
another and that is very difficult because we don't know what to do; we have
been so conditioned to believe, to follow."
                                                          -J. Krishnamurti