Re: Whoa!

Apr 08, 1996 11:31 AM
by liesel f. deutsch

Alexis,
you say "there are no constancies in nature." I think there are, but within
limits. Otherwise an American MD couldn't arrive in deepest Africa,
recognize the belly ache of someone copletely unknown, as probably coming
from appendicitis, & find the appendix approximately in the spot where he
supposes it to be when he makes his incision.

Re: verifiable theosophical claims. I think a good theosophist does verify
claims he hears about, but it depends on what method is used. It's not
always an admissibly scientific method, but may be something which means
something to the person who's verifying. Harry was a dyed in the wool
Theosophist to be sure. He lived & breathed theosophy. He said "Don't
believe, find out, and then tell yourself that it's probably true." He also
called himself a scientist (an engineer, an osteopath. & etc.). But now, for
instance, I have no idea how he decided what kind of vibrations an illness
gave off. But he selected the homeopathic remedy to counteract it, partly by
using something with vibrations 1/2 beat ahead of the illness, so that the 2
vibrations would tend to cancel each other out. It's very scientific, but
first you've got to be able to perceive the vibes given off by an illness,
plus the ones given off by the remedy, & understand what it is you're
perceiving.

Also, some of the things i've come to accept as fact, weren't so when I
first learned about them. But then, when something happened during the
course of living my life, which called for my applying what I'd learned
theoretically, I often found out that it worked. That's enough proof for me.
I don't know why or how it worked, & I don't really care that much about
that end of it. I rather care about that it worked for me. When the ocasion
arises, I'll also tell someone else to try see whether it'll work for them
as well. & if it works well for both of us, that fortifies that I think
it'll usually work.

Liesel
Member Ti, TSA, TS in Camada, HR