Re:Talmudic A few questions directed to Alexis

Mar 21, 1996 12:17 PM
by Blavatsky Foundation

Alexis writes:

>The problem I've always had is, in reference to things like "Kalpas" and
>"Yugas" and "Mahakalpas" is "Who Cares? What does that kind of stuff have to
>do with making the world a far better place? How does all that
>pseudo-technical nonsense go about ending Human suffering?

But if one follows this logic, then how much of Theosophy could we throw out?

Does talk about chakras, about inner bodies, about Nirvana, about planes of
existence, about adepts,  etc etc.  help end human suffering?  Pray tell,
why did HPB, Koot Hoomi and Morya talk so much about these "who cares" subjects?

And to go farther, how much of the stuff that is talked about on Theos-l,
how much, I ask,
makes the world a far better place ,or helps to end human suffering?  Maybe
we should all take a vow of silence and refrain from typing any words and
e-mailing them to theos-l, etc.?

Daniel Caldwell

Alexis writes:
>The world of scientific research has both outstripped the Secret Doctrine
>and proven much of it to be absolute nonsense. (All the stuff on "rounds and
>Races etc.") It seems to me that what's happened here is that we have
>theosophists, people whom I believe are supposed to be utterly dedicated to
>open inquiry, blindly "quoting scripture". Which is what I really don't
>thinbk theosophy is "all about".

Alexis seems to be saying that scientific research has proven much of the stuff
on rounds and races, etc. to be absolute nonsense.  If this is what Alexis
is saying,
I would ask please let us all know what research you are talking about?  Your
sources, please.

Again, who has been "blindly `quoting scripture' " on theos-l?  Surely we can
discuss these subjects without being accused of  "blindly quoting scripture."?

Daniel H. Caldwell