Re: Protest Unconstitutional Bill

Feb 09, 1996 09:06 PM
by Gregg Bartle

On Fri, 9 Feb 1996 22:41:50 -0500, you wrote:
JRC comments:

>What, then, do you (anybody (-:)?) think Theosophy would have to
>say about the raising of children - the field is wide open, as in all the
>thousands of pages of "source" writings very few words are mentioned on
>the topic.

I don't have time right now to think through anything for myself on
this, but one area that might be interesting (and appropriate for
theos-buds) is the influence of Rudolf Steiner and the Waldorf
Movement.

I know he really isn't one of 'our' guys, and I don't have very much
info on his educational theories, but its still in our ballpark. Also,
my little nephew Miles will be going to a small rural elementary
school in a few years where there is a strong Waldorf and Montessori
influence (-even though it's a public school - if you're small enough,
and you're in Santa Cruz County, CA., the bureaucrats will sometimes
look the other way while you try to be good to your kids).

Anyway I'd be interested to hear anyones thoughts on this.

         Peace -
                      Gregg