Re: TI

Dec 23, 1996 04:01 PM
by guru

> Alan
> I shall decline joining for the present until I can consider the
> first object more.
>
> If we define discrimination as "choosing with care | good taste
> discernment" Webster's I'm not sure what forming a nucleus
> means. Certainly in my own life I discriminate on creed and
> sexual orientation. That is not to say that I can't respect
> those that have other views.
>
> -Mike Grenier

IMO "forming a nucleus" is a beginning providing a focus
around which like-minded [theosophical] folk can gather. In an
ideal world the idea would be meaningless as we would all
simply as human beings recognize our connectedness as members
of the human family without the need to mention it.

I too "in my own life" tend to discriminate on creed and sexual
orientation insofar as I try to choose with whom I will or will
not associate at a personal level. David Koresh never had a
look in. I do not care for Christian and Muslim fundamenalists
and seek to avoid rather than confront them. But that's just
me; the project which if we aspire to theosophical ideals is
TI seeks to go beyond personality inclinations prejudices and
conditioned reflexes.

In my twenties I lerned the basics of Astrology from a wizened
grey-bearded homeless man whose devotion to his subject made
him an expert in his field for those who could find him.

A humanitarian amimal-loving person of the highest integrity
he was an ex-Roman Catholic and a lover of truth and young men.

I shared and continue to share his love of truth of which we
are told there is no religion higher. I share his love of
animals but not young men. He is long dead but I remember him
with affection and gratitude - he taught me a lot not just astrology.

In my relationship with him I employed discrimination at the
personal level but never in respect of his membership of the
human race of which he was one of the homosexual members.
There are millions. I have little doubt that some of them are
theosophists or theosophy students.

I await the outcome of your considerations!

Alan
--
Member Theosophy International.
Member Human Race.