Re: Torn Inside

Dec 23, 1996 07:19 AM
by Ann E. Bermingham

KPJ:
<snip> The Early Christian volume
>reveals that dozens nay scores of people who got past life
>readings from Cayce *just happened* to have been eyewitnesses
>to the life of Christ. Without arguing for my perception I'll
>simply state that I *intuit* that this is simply regurgitation
>of the Bible turned into fictional past lives not done with
>deceptive intent but rather fulfilling some psychic need of
>Christians to imagine themselves living in immediate proximity
>to their Lord. It definitely comes across at a much lower
>level of plausibility than the medical readings or the
>psychological advice on attitudes and emotions or several
>other elements of Cayce's work.

There is book by Raymond Moody Jr called "Coming Back" A Psychiatrist Explores
Past-Life Journeys in which there are many documented regressions that Moody
claims are really metaphors for problems in one's current life. At the end he
stated that it may be difficult to say which regressions were past lives and
which were simply someone working out there present problem in a story set in
the past.

Ann E. Bermingham