Re: Anonymity and other issues

Dec 21, 1996 08:58 AM
by liesel

Dear Coherence

I'm of the opinion that you can call yourself anything you enjoy calling
yourself. I don't mind either that Alan Bain calls himself guru Nellie or
Arthur Patterson Taliesin. I don't see that it's any different than my
using the name Liesel. Everyone to their own dream! Liesel happens to be my
given name but in Germany there are so many Liesels that it's almost an
archetype. Liesel was the girl who in the middle ages minded the geese and
her companion was Hans. Hans & Liesel is like Jack & Jill... I know a little
boy of 03 Samora who calls himself Power Ranger. I don't know of anyone who
takes offense at that or tells him "no you're not you're lying". We play
along with his game. It's fun! Matter of fact I made him a cardboard sword
for hallowe'en & he was so strong a Power Ranger that he bent it right
away & I had to remember my Cub Scout crafts to make a 2d one twice as
strong for a real Power Ranger. His parents had something else in mind for
him. They're South African blacks. Samora was the name of a prominent
Mozambican who was mysteriously killed in a plane accident. The little boy
is the "reincarnation" in a way.

I'm not for discussing Wheaton politics on a separate list either.

It would be nice if we could help fashion a TS in the spirit the Masters
intended. Unfortunately we seem to be such an independent lot that we need
to quibbble all the time about who's righter. It would be great I think if
to our independent thinking we could add a few smidgeons of tolerance.

I can't erace the rest of this letter which is your original. I also can't
independently send a message. My system is blinking. I put my message on
top so you don't need to reread the whole thing.

Thanks for contributing to this list.

Happy Holidays

Liesel
Member Theosophy International