Theo-politics

Dec 15, 1996 04:55 PM
by guru

> ... this wonderful list may
> very well turn into the forum from which the necessary
> reformation of the TSA is hashed out and launched. How wonderful
> it is that no one can control the discussion here well John
> Mead could but doesn't - *THANK YOU JOHN* - and how unfortunate
> that this may be the only national Theosophical space in which
> the independence of thought and freedom of expression ....
> qualities prized by everyone from the Buddha to HPB .... is
> actually able to be expressed in all its fullness.
> -JRC
> [PS. Its time.]
> [-:]

It's not just the TSA though is it John? The constitution of
out English section bears some of the characteristics that have
been mention in connection with the proposed TSA by-law changes
and the same is probably true of other National Sections.

What happens in the TSA is of interest *and concern* to all
theosophists many of whom are not in the USA. The number of US
members is low per head of population compared to the UK.

Aside from my own rather obvious postings theosophy as such
*is* an international concern. The TSA and the TS in England
share a common connection with Adyar in India as well as with
other National Sections: note the term "sections" - we are
*part* of something. Maybe it would be a good thing for the
leadership of the TSA to remember this? I do not have a vote on
these proposed changes but I am as concerned as anyone else
about them - the future of the theosophical movement itself
could be at stake. The existence of ULT or Point Loma theosophy
is virtually non-existent here though my own Lodge for
example has writings from both sources in its library as well
as AAB.

If the heart of theosophical principle is at stake then this
most certainly *should* and *must* be discussed internationally.

Alan
--
Member Theosophy International.
Member Human Race.