re re JHE and Bailey

Dec 12, 1996 00:31 AM
by Jerry Hejka-Ekins

Peter Walstra writes:

>A couple of months ago I ran into some books of Saraydarian for
>the first time he seems to have written quite a few just like
>every other well-known theosophist ;-.
>Trying to expand my Theosophy-related horizon I would be most
>pleased to learn something more about him and this Aquarian
>Educational Group. Anyone can tell me some more or refer me
>to some address in Cyberspace?
>Thanx...

JHE
He lives in Sedona Arizona now and has about 35 books to his
credit which he primarily distributes himself:

Aquarian Educational Group
P.O. Box 267
Sedona AZ 86336
602 282-2655

Depending upon how you use the word "theosophist" I'm not
sure if it is an appropriate label for Torkom Saraydarian. He is
the head of his own organization that is much more closely
related to the Arcane School pedigree than to the Theosophical
Society. On the other hand I consider AAB teachings to be
represent another school of theosophy. But the Arcane School
the Aquarian Educational Group and the Theosophical Society are
very separate organizations. In one sense I would only use the
term "theosophist" to apply to those very rare people who live a
life of pure altruism--such as perhaps Mother Theresa. In the
other hand for the word "theosophist" in context to an
organization I would only apply it to members of the
Theosophical Organizations. For instance CWL would be "a
theosophist" but AAB would not be after 1918 when she left the
TS to start her own organization. In this usage of the word I
prefer the term "student of theosophy."
I used to invite Saraydarian to speak on the Secret Doctrine
at the Los Angeles Branch. I remember not agreeing with many of
his interpretations But I never included or excluded speakers
based upon my opinion of their point of view yet they were
obviously well thought out and were based upon AAB's
interpretations of the SD.

Jerry HE

CC to jhejkaekins@igc.apc.org