Re: WTYF

Dec 11, 1996 05:57 PM
by mstosmar

To Malcolm:

>>We in New Zealand are backing this organisation in order to foster youth
>membership of the theosophical society and its objectives around the world
>as it is obvious that the TS has and aging membership and it is often very
>difficult for younger new members to feel a sense of belonging.

Well... well... This may sound tragic or comic but I study
Theosophy
since I was seventeen now I'm in the return of Saturn as a Lodge president
and I never ever received one sole communication from WYTF although
I had met many times the "retired" president from this "world" organization
Arnaldo Sison his wife Marina sending regular mails from my branch to theirs.
They do know my branch has a good number of young members because
they saw them at theosophical meetings.

I'm glad the organization is working people of many countries do
contribute
to the newsletter but at the same time shoked by the "fact" that
the WYTF
don't communicate with the Lodges of the country where its headquarters
is located. It is a very strange situation to see news about this from
New Zealand
thousands of miles away when people envolved live at the same country do
speak the same language as in the case of Brazil.

>I said in a previous post that I would create and e-version of the WTYF
>membership form however it looks a little complicated. If you are
>interested in joining please e-mail to me malcolmi@iconz.co.nz or write to
>me Malcolm Idoine 26 Arthur St Ponsonby Auckland New Zealand and I
>will post you a membership form a copy of the constitution and a leaflet
>about the organisation. Membership is free but you may like to make a
>contribution towards postage as this is currently being funded by the
>Brazilian and New Zealand sections.

I would like so much to take part of WYTF and I request you to inform
the new president that he could revise the politic of the past president
communicating with the Brazilian members also. My Lodge is one example.
There are many members in his twenties and they are the public whose
stimulus of WYTF would bring many benefits. One "portuguese" issue of
the newsletter would be great to start. He can send us the english version
also because many of our members do read in english.

OM SHANTI!
Osmar