Nutritious Theosophy

Dec 11, 1996 03:50 PM
by guru

> Bee to Eldon:
> >There are lots of people who do not see knowledge as an intellectual study
> >to be their way of spiritual growth.
>
> I am one of these. However I do love to read and study.
> I see this as building the scaffolding so to speak to keep the mind
> on some kind of sanity track. The human mind requires a structure
> or pattern of some kind in order to make sense of one's experiences.
> Without such a "mind map" or intellectual background it is easy to
> go off the deep end and loose one's perspective completely. The
> thought "Am I crazy?" must be answered in some way. However
> it is important to remember that this scaffolding i.e. world view is
> always subject to change.

> Jerry S.
> Member Theosophy International

I say to students of Kabala: "When you have built your temple
you lay the tools aside. Don't throw them away though as
better ones will come along and you will need to maintain the
building on a regular basis." Or words to that effect. Some
folk seem to want to keep playing with the tools so much they
hardly build anything let alone a temple.

Alan
--
Member Theosophy International.
Member Human Race.